PDA

View Full Version : seige feat

chimeris
05-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Alright so I went to the game store and saw 2 different siege games being played. My question refers to sieges feat.
1.)Do you have to actually damage a model with a roll by exceeding their armor to half it.

2.)Or just simply hit them with an attack like regular armor piercing
I'm looking for an infernal ruling on this so I can bring it up next time I'm playing siege because as I read the feat it is worded as the first scenario

PS I know this applies only once.

solkan
05-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Siege's feat was changed in an errata. Top document on the Organized Play page: http://privateerpress.com/organized-play

MAJOR MARKUS “SIEGE” BRISBANE. BREACH.
Replace the text of Breach with the following:
The next time each enemy model suffers a damage roll while in Siege’s control area, halve its base ARM when calculating damage. Breach lasts for one turn.

Which wording are you reading?

chimeris
05-10-2014, 05:16 PM
The wording I read wasbfron warroom so I'm assuming I've been reading the most current rules as I read that you have to actually damage before the armor is halved

Crate123
05-10-2014, 05:28 PM
You need to suffer a damage roll before you halve it, not actually suffer damage>ARM. So if you have 20 armor, gets hit for 2d6+10, your armor would be halved to 10 and you would then suffer the damage.

The wording Solkan quoted is the most recent, if you are reading anything else off Warroom, time to file a bug report.