PDA

View Full Version : New Errata ~ Sacrificial Pawn OOF still legal?

regleant
05-11-2014, 07:49 AM
"P. 72. SPELLS AND EFFECTS.
Add the following to the Spells and Effects text:
When a model’s special rule or spell allows its controller to choose or target a friendly unit, all models in that unit must be in formation."

There is nothing there about targeting a model of a unit out of formation. So tactics such as keeping Out-of-formatin Zealots for Vindictus or Banes for Terminus for purposes of Sacrificial Pawn is still perfectly legal.

? That seems like one of those loopholes PP intended to stop, and want to confirm.

Sanctjud
05-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Sacrificial pawn rules tell you to choose a "model", not a unit.

Grey Templar
05-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Yeah, it still works. And I'm very confidant this isn't an interaction PP was trying to close.

This was clearly aimed at "Khador Arc-nodes"m the art of buffing a unit on the front line while keeping your support way in the back by using an out of formation dude.

crossandswitch
05-11-2014, 11:42 AM
However I'd still like to have DW on my zealots, wouldn't the new ruling mean they couldn't be affected anymore?

maddermax
05-11-2014, 11:49 AM
However I'd still like to have DW on my zealots, wouldn't the new ruling mean they couldn't be affected anymore?

They can be affected by Defenders Ward, but they can't be targeted by the spell while someone is out of formation. So you can upkeep it on them turn after turn if you want, even if someone is out of formation it'll work.