PDA

View Full Version : Crit. Consume/Remove from play vs. Battle Driven

MagnusA
05-11-2014, 03:55 PM
So, this game up tonight, during a game:

Hyperion shoots at a model, rolling a critical hit and catches Juviah Rhoven and one of his Honour Guard in the AOE. They are removed from play. Now, the last member of the unit, does he have Battle Driven triggered on him? Battle Driven triggers on "damaged", which didn't really come into effect, as his two mates were just hit, then removed from play.

Did I just answer my own question?

solkan
05-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Yes, you did. :)

Critical Consume triggers on hit, and removes the models from play when it hits them. So they don't even get damaged, and don't go through the disabled-boxed-destroyed sequence because they received no damage.

yshsalas
05-11-2014, 04:04 PM
RFP at step 9 of the Attack main sequence. Damage application is not until step 11. Prime page 245

Basically there were no models damaged by the attack, so Battle-Driven does not trigger.

yshsalas
05-11-2014, 04:04 PM
RFP at step 9 of the Attack main sequence. Damage application is not until step 11. Prime page 245

Basically there were no models damaged by the attack, so Battle-Driven does not trigger.

MagnusA
05-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Thank you. We played it right then, but Gius (I think) was still able to get to where he needed to be, killing two Mage Hunters to allow my Reckoner to land in front of aforementioned Hyperion to wail on it during Kreoss2's feat turn.