PDA

View Full Version : Karchev the Terrible - effected by Feedback and Backlash applied on him?

Gwaar
05-15-2014, 02:54 AM
The question is pretty straight forward.
Will he be effected by Feedback and Backlash if you hit him with both the spell and satyxises feedback ability?
As in the ladys strike him and eSkarre puts Backlash on him, will he then get the extra damage from the weapon effect and/or the spell effect?

What raises the question is this;
"Effects modifying the amount of damage to or the manner in which damage is applied to a warjack also apply to him"

Not sure if he counts as hes own controller which he would have to be to make it work as well.

Michael
05-15-2014, 03:10 AM
The question is pretty straight forward.
Will he be effected by Feedback and Backlash if you hit him with both the spell and satyxises feedback ability?
As in the ladys strike him and eSkarre puts Backlash on him, will he then get the extra damage from the weapon effect and/or the spell effect?

What raises the question is this;
"Effects modifying the amount of damage to or the manner in which damage is applied to a warjack also apply to him"

Not sure if he counts as hes own controller which he would have to be to make it work as well.

Karchev is a warcaster, not a warjack. Man in the Machine makes that clear.

Karchev's only controller is the player. :p So, no, he doesn't suffer Feedback damage when a Lacerator damages him.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
05-15-2014, 03:11 AM
Because Kharchev is not warjack, he cannot be targeted by Backlash and even if he is damaged by weapon with Feedback ability he does not suffer additional damage.

Gwaar
05-15-2014, 03:14 AM
But at the same time, magehunters do get an additional die when attacking him?

This is the part that makes me confused;

Might just be me being slow today

bitmatic
05-15-2014, 03:22 AM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?146316-A-ridiculous-Karchev-question

scout's honor
05-15-2014, 03:39 AM

Magehunters getting an additional die is an effect that modifies the amount of damage they do to warjacks. Karchev counts as warjack for such effects, but he is not a warjack. Since he's not a warjack he doesn't have a controller and can't be targeted by effects that require the target to be a warjack.

Backlash or Feedback don't modify the amount of damage done to a warjack, nor do they modify the manner in which it's applied to the warjack (since they apply damage to the controller).

Stormpuppy_Infantry
05-15-2014, 03:40 AM

Feedback affects warjack but Karchev is not warjack, so it is not affected.

'Jack Hunter adds additional damage die against warjack. Kharchev is not warjack, but because he suffer damage like as warjack(by Man in the Machine ability) so he suffer additional damage die.

Gwaar
05-15-2014, 03:52 AM
Now it has sunked in.

Thanks for the clearification!