PDA

View Full Version : Krielstone, adding fury and measuring aura

Snot
05-26-2014, 02:27 AM
How often can is it allowed to measure the size of the krielstone aura?

Example:
Stone has 3 Fury on it, runs forward and does antistealth aura(spending 1 before running).
--> I would measure 6" now to see who is affected by the aura. (?)

Now my warlock activates and adds 1 fury to enlarge the aura to 7"
-->Can I measure again?

And if needed I could add another fury, since I can add anytime during my activation.
--> right? Can I measure again?

BR,
snot

Stormpuppy_Infantry
05-26-2014, 02:49 AM
How often can is it allowed to measure the size of the krielstone aura?

Example:
Stone has 3 Fury on it, runs forward and does antistealth aura(spending 1 before running).

-->Can I measure again?

And if needed I could add another fury, since I can add anytime during my activation.
--> right? Can I measure again?

BR,
snot

Beside allowed measurements(you can measure your model's Control Area and melee range any time, and you can measure that the troopers are in formation during that unit's activation) you can only measure the distance if you are required to do.

So, by your case, you can only measure the range of the aura when your Friendly Faction model suffers a damage roll(else the model is attacking if you add Stone Scribe Elder and using Stone Strength to buffing STR).

No. You may measure only if you are designate your ranged attack's target. You designate the target first, then measure the area.

-->Can I measure again?

No. You don't have valid reason to do.

And if needed I could add another fury, since I can add anytime during my activation. --> right? Can I measure again?

No, as second example.

Snot
05-26-2014, 07:43 AM
But i could fe add 1 fury then measure my ctrl and then add another fury?

ScottMcd
05-26-2014, 08:25 AM
The stone doesn't have a control area. When you measure control it is from your warlock/warcaster (or other model with that rule). As SPI stated, you can only measure from the stone when it's required (checking armor after a model is hit, checking stealth after model is targeted, etc...).

Snot
05-26-2014, 09:00 AM
I know that I can just measure the ctrl of the warlock. But you can arrange the models in an order that the aura and control kinda overlaps to get a clue about the aurasize.

Its clear now that I cant ckeck the size of the aura after putting it up but only when the effect has to be checked.
Just want the confirmation that I can add fury, measure ctrl, add fury, measure ctrl...

BR,
snot

Leonard_Dukes
05-26-2014, 09:13 AM
I know that I can just measure the ctrl of the warlock. But you can arrange the models in an order that the aura and control kinda overlaps to get a clue about the aurasize.

Its clear now that I cant ckeck the size of the aura after putting it up but only when the effect has to be checked.
Just want the confirmation that I can add fury, measure ctrl, add fury, measure ctrl...

BR,
snot

You can only measure the distance from the Krielstone Bearer to another model when it is necessary to know whether that model is affected by the Protective Aura.

So, regardless of whether you just added or removed Fury from the Krielstone Bearer, you can only check range from it to another model if you need to see if that model has gained an ARM bonus, or has lost Stealth or Incorporeal, etc.

You can't measure range "just to check" if a model is affected - only if checking is relevant to some purpose. For example, you could measure the range to see if an affected model has lost Incorporeal only if you are making an attack against it or attempting to move through it. You could measure the range to see if an affected model has lost Stealth if you are making a ranged attack against it or if you are trying to draw LOS through it (and it potentially blocks LOS if it doesn't have Stealth).

The fact that the size of the Protective Aura changes when you add/remove Fury doesn't change any of the above. You measure on a "need to know" basis only.

Oilslick
05-26-2014, 09:58 AM
What you can measure (and what I think your follow up question is) is your warlock's control area. So yes you can give the stone a fury and check your warlock's control area. Please note that a warlock's control area is dependent on your fury STAT not the number of fury on your warlock.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
05-26-2014, 10:58 AM

BR,
snot

You can. Your warlock can give one fury to Krielstone Bearer then measure the warlocks control area. You can always able to measure your model's control area and melee range, and you can measure that the trooper is in formation(command range) or not during the unit's activation. But Krielstone Bearer only has two of them, melee range and command range(because he is the leader of the unit). He does not has control area because nothing says that he has any of.