PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Projection

Fragiller
06-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Hello, I need some help with psychic projection. My question is about timing of projection sequences.

I read it two ways (I ´ll show on psychic assault example):

1. Cast psychic assault channeled through one drudge
2. Choose 2 more drudges to channel spell
3. Kill all targets with first spray and there is no targets (in very specific situations) to cast two more psychic assaults
4. Kill all three drudges (choosed to channel) OR kill only that one who really channeled spell?

thank you

Grey Templar
06-08-2014, 09:42 AM
I believe that once you've chosen to channel through multiple Drudges it will kill them all. You must resolve the other castings of the spell. Even if it has no tangible in-game effect you still lose the Drudges.

Basically, don't channel unless you plan on using all the castings to full effect.

solkan
06-08-2014, 12:09 PM
If the mechanics are consistent with Rapid Fire and the other multiple attack generating abilities, then there would be two important points:

1. You wouln't declare or choose the additional spell castings before you resolved them.
2. The effects of all up-to-three spell castings would be considered simultaneous attacks.

So:
1. Declare spell casting and channeling through the first drudge. Perform attack and damage rolls, but do not apply damage yet.
2. If you choose to channel through another drudge, perform attack and damage rolls for that spell casting, but do not apply damage yet.
3. If you choose to channel through a third drudge, ditto.
4. Apply all damage simultaneously.