PDA

View Full Version : [Heap] What happens if multiple players trigger the pileup?

tutenkharnage
06-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Page 12 of the rules for Heap states:

If any player has three or more parts on each of his four vehicles at the start of the Rush the Heap step, he triggers the final rush of the game, the pileup!

The third numbered bullet on page 13 states the following:

The player who triggered the pileup flips over the top card of the heap as his attack, and the rush is on!

Because players can attach parts twice between each Rush the Heap step—once during the Check the Haul step after the first Rush the Heap step, and once during the Bodge Vehicles step before the next Rush the Heap step—it's possible for multiple players to have three or more parts on each vehicle at the start of the Rush the Heap step. If that happens, do you use the Instigator card and the normal turn order to determine which player triggered the pileup? If not, how do you decide which player triggered the pileup?

Thanks!

ZeeWulf
06-10-2014, 05:30 AM
I'd say base it off of who's the instigator that round. Thus if player B is the instigator, and A and C would trigger, C is the actual triggerer, since he goes before A.

tutenkharnage
06-10-2014, 06:12 PM
I'd say base it off of who's the instigator that round. Thus if player B is the instigator, and A and C would trigger, C is the actual triggerer, since he goes before A.

Thanks. I'm inclined to agree. That's how we're going to play it at work unless I read otherwise.