PDA

View Full Version : Loss of movement during turn

hengist
04-25-2010, 08:18 PM
A jack is in melee range of an enemy model and decides either to charge another model or run. This charge/run takes it outside of the melee range of the first enemy model which duly attacks. What happens if the moving jack loses all of its M boxes? Does it still complete its movement? Stop as it is about to leave the melee range of the first enemy model or not move at all?

Stevo
04-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Please see page 66 of Prime MK II, third bullet entry for "Crippled Movement".

Crippled Movement: The model has its based DEF chagned to 7. It cannot run or charge. A model that has its Movement system crippled by an attack while advancing as part of a charge, slam or trample immediately stops advancing, and its activation ends.

hengist
04-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Sorry, I missed that statement. It does seem that one has to be very precise about how you exit but it is not clear to me where the unit ends up. Would it be placed just within melee range of the reacting unit or just outside, since you have to leave the melee range to generate the attack. This could be important if the reacting unit was unable to advance during its turn!

Stevo
04-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Well, if it's a Free Strike that causes the loss of Movement, it will say under Free Strike when the attack happens and where the model stops. The activation of the moving model ends when Movement is crippled (which I was unaware of until I looked this up for you! :)), so the only issue is with the placement of the model after the attack.

A quick check on Free Strikes on page 51 says that the attack happens just before the model leaves the melee range of the model making the Free Strike, which means that the model would still be engaged after the resolution of the attack.