PDA

View Full Version : Iron Mother Directrix Feat

MumFord
06-29-2014, 10:45 PM
I'm still new to the faction and on a high learning curve. But as I look at the Mother's feat it's not like other casters in or out of faction. That her MAT and RAT equal her focus.

Now I know they both could go up to 8. But my question is, does the feat constantly look at the focus. Meaning that you pop feat when you have 8 focus. Now that feat is active you cast Fire Group. Now bringing your focus to 6. Does this bring your MAT and RAT to 6 or stay at 8

Sheer_Falacy
06-29-2014, 10:48 PM
FOCUS and focus are not the same thing. FOCUS is the stat, in her case 8. Focus are the points she has on her. Her feat sets mat and rat to FOCUS, so it's going to be 8 regardless of when you feat and what you spend afterwards.

Frozen Yakman
06-29-2014, 10:49 PM
You are confusing the FOCUS stat with her supply of focus tokens. Her FOCUS stat is always 8 so her and her battlegroup's MAT and RAT become 8.

The Captain
06-30-2014, 12:27 AM
It also bears mentioning, since there is apparently some confusion between focus and FOCUS, that she makes her magic attacks using her FOCUS stat (ie. dice + 8) all the time, not dice + however many focus points she has left.

Mod_Redphantasm
06-30-2014, 05:20 AM
Rules questions belong in the Rule forum. I am moving this thread there.

Oldgrue
06-30-2014, 10:17 AM
This means her current FOCUS stat. If she were subject to her FOCUS being reduced the MAT/RAT would then be reduced, not if she spent focus (a la tokens)