PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Hunter Charge LOS

Mod_Neldar
07-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Phantom Hunter allows battle group models to ignore line of sight when making attacks, slams, and charges.

When it is on a model I know you can't make a melee attack against an enemy in the back arc because melee attack range is limited to the front arc (p. 50 of Prime).

This is true for ranged attacks because the ranged targeting rules require it (p. 54 Prime).

Questions related to Phantom Hunter on a model:
1. Do magic attacks follow the same rule as ranged attacks for targeting listed on p. 54 of Prime? (Must have LOS and target model in attacker's front arc)

The rules seemed to say yes but were not very specific.

2. Can I declare a charge/slam against a model in my back arc? I know I need LOS but I couldn't find a front arc restriction that was independent of the LOS rules. Phantom Hunter ignore LOS so...

DarkLegacy
07-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Please see this thread for the answer to your #2 question. https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?204602-Charge-Target-vs-LOS-Question

Also, 1 question per thread.

DarkLegacy
07-02-2014, 09:05 AM
I cannot stress enough 1 question per thread.

Magic attacks do not have the restriction towards attacks being only in the front arc that ranged attacks have.

Mod_Neldar
07-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Thank you, sir.

There wouldn't have been multiple questions if they hadn't been closely related which is allowed.

I admit that I didn't clearly write out my line of reasoning to make that obvious.

Ready for locking!