PDA

View Full Version : heavy cavalry, impact attacks and charge attacks.

jaygonx
07-15-2014, 01:46 PM
If my heavy cavalry model makes a charge against model x and kills it with an impact attack, can I still use my initial on another model in my melee?

SageofLodoss
07-15-2014, 01:52 PM
If my heavy cavalry model makes a charge against model x and kills it with an impact attack, can I still use my initial on another model in my melee?

For reference, there is no heavy cavalry, just regular and light.

If the model that you destroyed with the impact attack was your charge target, it results in a failed charge. The cavalry model would continue moving until it uses up its full charge movement or contacts something else, then immediately ends its activation without being able to perform initial attacks on anything.

This is because your impact attacks interrupt your movement phase. If you destroy your charge target with the impact attacks, then continue your movement phase, there is no longer a declared charge target for you to end your movement within melee reach of, and thus your charge is failed.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
07-15-2014, 02:06 PM
SageofLodoss is correct.

In addition, charging models must advance until it cannot advance more, or it catches the charge target in its melee range. Also if charging model is not able to reach to the charge target at the end of its advance, it failed charge and ends activation immedately.

That's why it must advance as long as it can, failed charge and ends its activation. If a charging cavalry model kills its target by impact attack, then it is not able to end its movement while reach to the charge target what was already destroyed by its impact attack before the end of movement.