PDA

View Full Version : P.Hexeris Feat / Solo / Backstrike

Dregath
08-27-2014, 07:58 AM
I've seen this rule go this way at Lock and Load and after reading the wording for backstrike i'm not sure if i missed an infernal ruling somewhere to back it up.

Scenario - Active Hexeris feat, i kill my opponents model which begins in the back arc of another of his models. I advance 3" and attack from behind, now backstrike clearly uses the word "activate" where hexeris feat uses the term "advance". It was explained to me that for a model to advance that is a form of activation and it did grant the backstrike. Which is how i played it at Lock and Load. Now after talking with guys at my LGS they state that the model must "activate" which i can totally see as well.

In case i missed an infernal ruling on this awhile ago, i did do a search and found nothing. Does an enemy model from Hexeris feat gain the ability to perform a backstrike on another model?

Falkman
08-27-2014, 08:12 AM
No, models affected by Hexeris' feat does not get back strike bonuses, since back strike bonuses only apply during a model's activation. Being controlled by Hexeris' feat does not constitute an activation.

Alviaran
08-27-2014, 08:12 AM
No. The model never activates. The model moves, attacks and is removed. It is all during the friendly model that is currently activating and triggered the feat.

Sami
08-27-2014, 08:14 AM
A model advancing out of the blue is not a form of activation. In addition, the enemy model is technically advancing in the model who killed it's activation.

Example:

Feat used
Gladiator Activates
Gladiator Advances
Gladiator kills a model with the first initial. That killed model does its advance and attacks.
Gladiator kills another model with the second initial. That killed model does its advance and attacks.
Gladiator has nothing else it can do.
Gladiator's activation ends.

Mr. Golden Deal
08-27-2014, 08:16 AM
When a living or undead enemy model is boxed by an attack while in Hexeris' control area, take control of it. The model becomes a friendly Undead model. If it is a trooper, it becomes a solo. The model can immediately advance up to 3" and can make one normal melee attack, then remove the model from play. When making this attack, ignore the effects of lost aspects on affected warbeasts. The model cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement. Dark Dominion lasts for one turn.
Back strikes only occur during a model's activation. The movement and attack of Dark Dominion are part of resolving the original attack that triggered it, and don't constitute an activation (similar to how affects like Bone Shaker, Doors of Judgment, etc. work).