PDA

View Full Version : Drag weapon versus double sucker!

SjoerdH
09-05-2014, 01:25 AM
First Mate Hawk and Madelyn Corbeau stand side-to-side (within 2") with no other models within 2" of either of them. Both have the Sucker! ability.
Madelyn gets directly hit by the harpoon of Aiakos.

Sucker says:

"If this model is directly hit by an enemey ranged attack, choose a friendly living non-incorporeal warrior model within 2" of it to be directly hit instead. That model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects."

Now my understanding is that sucker is not an optional ability. If Madelyn gets hit she HAS to use it if the requirement of a living model in 2" is used. So she must give the hit to Hawk.
So Hawk gets directly hit instead. That triggers Sucker! on Hawk which makes Madelyn get directly hit instead. Which triggers sucker...

And endless loop? Kinda like Holt shooting at Holt (couldn't find the ruling on this one anymore...)

However....

Sucker also says: "That model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects."

Strict reading of this makes me think that Madelyn gives the hit to Hawk, and Hawk gives the hit back to Madelyn, but both of them "suffers all damage and effects" as the ability says so....

Most likely both will suffer damage.... will they also both get dragged (provided they survive the damage roll of course)?

lobachevskii
09-05-2014, 01:53 AM
One Sucker per attack. (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?168152-multiple-Sucker!-rules&highlight=sucker) So no infinite loops can occur.

Thanatos_elNyx
09-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but when Sucker! is triggered and the hit is put on the other model, the second model doesn't count as "directly hit", so wouldn't be able to Sucker! the hit anyway?

Celebros
09-05-2014, 02:38 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but when Sucker! is triggered and the hit is put on the other model, the second model doesn't count as "directly hit", so wouldn't be able to Sucker! the hit anyway?

Sucker specifies that the other model is "directly hit instead".

Thanatos_elNyx
09-05-2014, 02:42 AM
Oh my bad, I misread the rule :)

scout's honor
09-05-2014, 03:26 AM
One Sucker per attack. (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?168152-multiple-Sucker!-rules&highlight=sucker) So no infinite loops can occur.
One Sucker! per attack per model with the Sucker! ability. So in this case Madelyn gets to pass off the attack to Hawk and Hawk gets to pass it back off to Madelyn and that's an end to the madness. ;)

lobachevskii
09-05-2014, 05:15 AM
One Sucker! per attack per model with the Sucker! ability. So in this case Madelyn gets to pass off the attack to Hawk and Hawk gets to pass it back off to Madelyn and that's an end to the madness. ;)

True, I should have been been slightly more detailed in my post.