PDA

View Full Version : Counter charge and LOS

joker7099
10-06-2014, 06:22 AM
If I have a model or unit that ends it's movement within 6 inches of a model with Counter charge, but CC model cannot draw LOS, does it still counter charge?

Example:My Swamp Gobbers end their order/move 6 inches from Ol'Rowdy and throw up a cloud. Does Rowdy counter charge? Does Countercharge require LOS? Does the timing of the move/cloud order give him a window to draw LOS?

Thanks for the help

Falkman
10-06-2014, 06:25 AM
If I have a model or unit that ends it's movement within 6 inches of a model with Counter charge, but CC model cannot draw LOS, does it still counter charge?
Counter charge requires LOS, just like a normal charge.

Example:My Swamp Gobbers end their order/move 6 inches from Ol'Rowdy and throw up a cloud. Does Rowdy counter charge?
If he meets the conditions for Counter charge and can target the Swamp gobbers with a charge, sure.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
10-06-2014, 06:26 AM
In order to make the charge, the model must have line of sight to a model to pick it as a charge target. Even if you can trigger Counter Charge, your model cannot resolve the charge if the triggering model is not on line of sight of your model with Counter Charge.

jettzypher
10-06-2014, 06:42 AM
The cloud happens as an action, therefore, there is a period that exists between the Gobbers ending their movement and when it performs it's action in which Ol'Rowdy is able to perform his Counter Charge. Counter Charge triggers at the end of the model's movement, and the Gobbers are unable to pop their cloud first to prevent line of sight.

Mod_Neldar
10-06-2014, 06:51 AM

Example:My Swamp Gobbers end their order/move 6 inches from Ol'Rowdy and throw up a cloud. Does Rowdy counter charge? Does Countercharge require LOS? Does the timing of the move/cloud order give him a window to draw LOS?

Thanks for the help

No LOS, no charge. That's a basic charge rule.

The gobbers don't get to put the cloud out before the counter charge occurs. Counter charge triggers when movement ends--before they make the action to put up the cloud.

kialindo
10-06-2014, 06:54 AM
The cloud happens as an action, therefore, there is a period that exists between the Gobbers ending their movement and when it performs it's action in which Ol'Rowdy is able to perform his Counter Charge. Counter Charge triggers at the end of the model's movement, and the Gobbers are unable to pop their cloud first to prevent line of sight.

What jettzypher said is correct, Counter Charge triggers at the end of movement and before activation (aka popping the cloud)

Maybe I am missing something but Clouds do not block LOS to models inside the Cloud AND the cloud must be placed on the Gobbers... So even if they popped the cloud they could still be charged. BUT if the player chose to not charge your gobbers and then you moved another model within 6" of Rowdy and on the other side of the cloud then the cloud would block LOS and Rowdy could not charge.

jettzypher
10-06-2014, 06:58 AM
If he has both models in close proximity, it becomes a 5in cloud with the center point within one inch of the leader, so there should be a good three inches of distance to block los. Clouds and forests restrict line of sight to three inches into the feature.

Falkman
10-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Clouds and forests restrict line of sight to three inches into the feature.
Incorrect. Forests work like that, but clouds do not. Clouds only block LOS from one side to the other, if a model is partially in the cloud then LOS can be drawn to it through the cloud, no matter how far into the cloud that model is.

jettzypher
10-06-2014, 07:43 AM
I wasn't aware of that then, my mistake. In which case, it wouldn't matter if there was time for the Gobber to place its cloud before Ol'Rowdy is able to Counter Charge; they are always going to be inside the cloud.