PDA

View Full Version : Issuing orders with a knocked down leader under eHaleys feat

UmbrellaCorp487
10-27-2014, 06:22 AM
Situation: I have a unit whose leader was knocked down on my opponents turn, this leader is also under the effect of eHaleys feat.

Can the leader at the beginning of his activation both sacrifice his action to stand and then sacrifice his movement to satisfy eHaleys feat, to then issue an order.

It is my understanding that all forfeiting of movement/action is done before the issue orders step, is this correct or am I mistaken?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
10-27-2014, 06:29 AM
Models are stand up before it issue an order, as you remember. You are correct.

Edit: A model can forfeit its action before it makes its action, but for stand up it must be forfeit it before issue an order.

UmbrellaCorp487
10-27-2014, 06:59 AM
Could you please provide the source for that ruling? I don't have the book in front of me here but I was pretty sure that was how it worked.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
10-27-2014, 07:12 AM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?84373-Assault-amp-Battery-while-Knocked-Down&p=1167778#post1167778

You stand up before receiving the order.

A model can forfeit its action anytime before it takes an action.

Am I missing something?

UmbrellaCorp487
10-27-2014, 07:17 AM
No that is perfect thank you :)

vintersbastard
10-27-2014, 07:26 AM
Situation: I have a unit whose leader was knocked down on my opponents turn, this leader is also under the effect of eHaleys feat.

Can the leader at the beginning of his activation both sacrifice his action to stand and then sacrifice his movement to satisfy eHaleys feat, to then issue an order.That's in fact the only time the model can do those forfeitures.

It is my understanding that all forfeiting of movement/action is done before the issue orders step, is this correct or am I mistaken?Only required forfeitures happen at step 3 of Activation Timing (cf. Prime, p. 244), i.e. before giving orders (which is step 4) - voluntary forfeitures need to happen later.

UmbrellaCorp487
10-27-2014, 07:29 AM
That's in fact the only time the model can do those forfeitures.

Only required forfeitures happen at step 3 of Activation Timing (cf. Prime, p. 244), i.e. before giving orders (which is step 4) - voluntary forfeitures need to happen later.

Very good, going to have to let the group know that eHaley isn't all bad :)