PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Effects, One Token

Areneas
11-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Hello All

With Bradigus' Theme creating some token issues I thought I would raise the question, is it possible to mark Earth's Blessing (Woldwatchers Animus) and Stone Form (Woldwatchers Ability) on one Animus token and leave it next to the model to simplify play?

I would of course declare that the model is using both however this would make, placing and removing the tokens much easier.

solkan
11-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Isn't marking the animus and the ability on the same token going to confuse things if someone runs up and dispels the animus?

Really, the purpose of having the animus tokens and effect tokens is so that it's clear to everyone involved that Effect X is an animus, and Effect Y is something else. Mixing unrelated effects onto the same token doesn't help that.

Areneas
11-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Yeah that's fair.

Playing Bradigus' is just a little too punishing on the old clock but I guess you win some, you lose some.

Edit: What if they were double sided? Turn them over when the animus is purified/shot off?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
11-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Yeah that's fair.

Playing Bradigus' is just a little too punishing on the old clock but I guess you win some, you lose some.

Edit: What if they were double sided? Turn them over when the animus is purified/shot off?

You may make the tokens as long as it is clear to recognize what it means. I don't think that it is a rules question because rules does not concern about how to make the tokens.

solkan
11-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Yeah, as far as the rules go, "Can you make your own custom tokens to mark effects if you think it'll be worth the effort?" has the answer "Yes. Just make sure that you don't lose sight of the purpose of using tokens--to clearly mark what the effects are on the model (preferably including distinguishing animus vs. spell vs. arbitrary named effect)."

I think you're asking for trouble if you try using double sided tokens, because models get moved around and tokens get shuffled around and flipped over accidentally. But a discussion of what sort of tokens would make Bradigus quicker to play probably belongs in either the Circle forum or general discussion.