PDA

View Full Version : Light Cavalry and Soulhunter Incorporeal questions

malachi
01-06-2015, 07:47 AM
I have always been under the impression that Light Cavalry didn't have all of the rules that regular Cavalry, but I noticed that Prim Mk II states that Light Cavalry follow all of the rules of regular cavalry, except that they can make initial attacks with their mount and that they get to move after completing their action. Does this mean that Light Cavalry can make Ride By Attacks and Impact Attacks, as well as get +2 to MAT on successful charges?

Second, if the Light Cavalry unit is Soulhunters who gained Incorporeal during their activations by starting within the CMD of Darraghe Wrathe, if the Soulhunters do not run, fail a charge, or attack (for instance, were forced to sacrifice an action), are they still incorporeal during the light cavalry movement?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-06-2015, 07:50 AM
A light cavalry model cannot make ride-by attacks or impact attacks.

Also, nothing says that it cannot benefit from +2 to attack roll for charge attack.

A light cavalry makes its light cavalry move during its activation, after complete the unit's action. A light cavalry model cannot make light cavalry move after run, because run immediately ends its activation. Check the errata.

Icepick28
01-06-2015, 07:51 AM
Light Cavalry cannot make Ride by Attacks or Impact attacks. They do get the +2 to Mat for charge attacks. For the second question, in order to get the light cavalry movement, the model must perform an action. If they didn't perform something that would break incorporeal, then yes, they remain incorporeal during the light cavalry movement

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-06-2015, 07:54 AM
For the second question, in order to get the light cavalry movement, the model must perform an action

No. For units, only one trooper in the unit is need to make its action. The rest of them are not need to perform actions to gains the additional advance.

malachi
01-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Light Cavalry cannot make Ride by Attacks or Impact attacks. They do get the +2 to Mat for charge attacks. For the second question, in order to get the light cavalry movement, the model must perform an action. If they didn't perform something that would break incorporeal, then yes, they remain incorporeal during the light cavalry movement

Where is it written that Light Cavalry cannot make Ride by Attacks and Impact Attacks? What I see in the book implies differently, but I've always heard that Light Cav do not have those abilities, so I'm obviously not seeing something.

No. For units, only one trooper in the unit is need to make its action. The rest of them are not need to perform actions to gains the additional advance.

What counts as "making an action"? Does forfeiting the action count (such as to stand up from knockdown, or for the effects of various abilities)?

Thanks for the help so far, guys!

Mod_Neldar
01-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Re-read the light cavalry rules. That's where the ride-by and impact prohibitions lives.

The Captain
01-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Re-read the light cavalry rules. That's where the ride-by and impact prohibitions lives.
Specifically, Prime, p. 82, chapter "Light Cavalry", second paragraph, second sentence. As quoted by Stormpuppy above in post #2.