PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly vs Elevation

Vonkrieg
01-06-2015, 12:09 PM
I know that Ghostly ignores terrain but what about elevation. Can they, for example, move from the ground to an elevated ledge?

IceShadow
01-06-2015, 01:52 PM
I know that Ghostly ignores terrain but what about elevation. Can they, for example, move from the ground to an elevated ledge?

How are you defining the "elevetated ledge"? Is it an obstacle (normally costs 2" of movement to get up on top) or is it an obstruction (normally models cannot enter it at all)? Either way, Ghostly tells you how to handle it, so it depends on how you define your terrain.

Vonkrieg
01-06-2015, 02:21 PM
The terrain in question is a 2" "cliff" on one side and a slope on the other so models can get there through normal movement from one side, but not the other.

vintersbastard
01-06-2015, 02:25 PM

If you happen to have terrain pieces that are higher than 1" (i.e. not obstacles), but can be moved upon (i.e. not simple obstructions), you'll have to discuss how that is done with your opponent; this discussion should cover Ghostly as well.

IceShadow
01-06-2015, 02:26 PM
I don't think the rules have any sort of defined interaction with that sort of terrain. It seems like the cliff face would be an obstruction, and you should be able to use ghostly to go past it to the top of the hill. But likely this will need to be something discussed between players at the start of the game, since the terrain itself isn't defined as something that the rule book encompasses.