PDA

View Full Version : Chain attacks and Reach

Hellhammer
01-08-2015, 04:25 AM
Question:
if a Warbeast/Jack receives Reach temporarily through a spell/animus can the Chainattack (eg. Grab&Smash) also be done from 2" away?

I suppose yes as these attacks are generelly tied to the models weapons and as long as the effect bestows Reach on all Melee attacks it should work right?
Just want to make sure I don't misunderstand this whole effect

zyxx
01-08-2015, 04:44 AM
yes.. and no...

For instance, if the Chain attack grants a Power attack, then no. Power attacks only have a .5 melee range regardless of effects on the weapons (reach), unless otherwise specified (i.e. gargossals).

However, for something like Chain attack: Char or Chain attack: Blood Bath ( i cannot think of all the Chain attacks abilities atm, and i only have the Cryx/Legion cards, and its too early..) then yes, as the only requirement is to hit the target with both initial attacks.

Hellhammer
01-08-2015, 07:42 AM
thats what I thought
thanks for clarification

kialindo
01-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Perfect example of this was something I ran into a little while ago ... Stormwall (aka Cygnar Colossal) naturally has :Reach: because it is a Colossal on its Voltaic Fist Weapons (with :Open-Fist:) BUT I still have to get into .5 melee in order to perform a Two-Handed Throw.....

IceShadow
01-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Perfect example of this was something I ran into a little while ago ... Stormwall (aka Cygnar Colossal) naturally has :reach: because it is a Colossal on its Voltaic Fist Weapons (with :Open-Fist:) BUT I still have to get into .5 melee in order to perform a Two-Handed Throw.....

Colossal rules explicitly state that they have a 2" melee range (unless otherwise noticed), including power attacks.

kialindo
01-08-2015, 08:00 AM
:rolleyes: well I feel dumb now :D

IceShadow
01-08-2015, 08:05 AM
They still have the same limitations, just on a larger scale. For example, the Kraken has a 4" melee range on its melee weapons during its activation by rule, but still can only power attack 2".

Mod_Neldar
01-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Colossals actually don't have Reach. It's just a rule of the model type that their melee range is 2" and not 0.5".