PDA

View Full Version : Re-requesting a measurement

The_York
01-08-2015, 10:11 AM
On my opponents turn, he measures from his caster to my colossal. Public information and measurement.

On my turn if neither of those models have moved am I allowed to re-request to see said measurement?

I'd seen a "top level" player request this at WMW, and thought it was a good idea, so you see it on your clock. But when I asked in last nights game it was refused and I wasn't sure if it was actually a rule, or the players just being courteous to each other at WMW.

Hell
01-08-2015, 10:39 AM
It doesn't really matter if neither of those particular models moved, it's a timing issue. The game's gone on and as long as both players were adequately apprised of the measurement when it was taken, there's no reason to measure again. Aside from that, a player may measure from their own caster at any time, not someone else's.

As far as the WTC and WMW and all that is concerned, it's just them being courteous.

Mod_Neldar
01-08-2015, 10:50 AM
It doesn't really matter if neither of those particular models moved, it's a timing issue. The game's gone on and as long as both players were adequately apprised of the measurement when it was taken, there's no reason to measure again. Aside from that, a player may measure from their own caster at any time, not someone else's.

As far as the WTC and WMW and all that is concerned, it's just them being courteous.

This all the way.

You can make him re-measure if you don't get the information immediately after it happens.

The next turn is too late to request it.

WintersChill
01-08-2015, 10:52 AM
During the game, when a player makes a measurement for any reason he must share the information with his opponent.

When a player makes a measurement, he must share that measurement with his opponent when the measurement is made. If a player forgets what his opponent just measured, the opponent is not required to re-measure or repeat himself, but he CANNOT give an untruthful answer.

It is often common courtesy for players to re-measure, but it is not required.