PDA

View Full Version : Madrak Ironhide World Ender, Desperate Hour

Madbazza
01-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Looking for a verification on how this interaction works. as it arose in a game last night.

Trollblood Player:

Unit of Warders charges Stormwall, the warders make there attacks, but fail to kill the Stormwall.

Madrak activates, measures his control range and finds that the warders and stormwall are in his control area, he now feats.

Desparate Hour:
Friendly Faction models currently in Ironhides control area can immediately make one normal melee attack against each enemy model in melee range or one ranged attack ignoring ROF.

Can the warders make this attack as they activated before the feat was used, when I was asked during the game , after reading the rules for the feat, I called yes. as there is no mention that a model that has previously activated may not make this attack.

Did I make the correct call, as Trollbloods have multiplied like rabbits in my local meta.

cheers guys.

Jester5613
01-09-2015, 09:20 AM
You made the correct call. The immediately clause of his feat means that it doesn't matter if they've activated or not. It happens as long as they are in his control area.

dmleitch
01-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Jester is correct. "Immediately" is what allows the attack to happen.

Wording such as that found in the feat of Grand Exemplar Kreoss (Kreoss2) requires the attack to be taken during that unit's activation. His feat includes the clause "during their combat actions." The distinction might help solidify your understanding of the way Privateer Press words feats.

xenwall
01-09-2015, 02:17 PM
More importantly, the word "Immediately" has no rules meaning or relevance at all ever. The fact that the feat says that they make an attack is what allows the attack to happen. The clarification that dmleitch references as a comparison is still relevant as an example of something that must happen during a model's combat action though.

evilaspen
01-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Thats one of the ways to use the feat. Run and engage the enemy. Then Maddrak feats and kills all the things.