PDA

View Full Version : Adding Models vs Bringing back Models

monstr369
01-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Ok, I am having an issue.

I am trying to find something that is RaW that explains exceeding units max with adding models. Can anyone help? I know you can but can't find anything in RaW or FAQ.

Thanks guys!!!

Caladian
01-10-2015, 12:47 AM
Please be more specific, those aren't in prime/primal but explained in the ability that adds. For instance for Bokor and the Swamp Shamblers, they can add more (up to a max of 20) because it says so on the card.

monstr369
01-10-2015, 12:53 AM
This issue involves Captain Rengrave and Bane Lord Tartarus. If I pay for a max squad of the appropriate unit can I make more above that with Death Toll? I believe you can but can't find anything that explains adding to units.

Hope that is clear. Feel free to ask for more info if needed.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-10-2015, 01:39 AM
Both bring back and adding model works as written. Added model is created at the time they are in play, and it is not the existed destroyed model. Bring back models just bring back the destroyed, exested model.

So you can only bring back whose were destroyed already. Added model does not have such restriction because they have no relations with the destroyed models.

nonchalance
01-10-2015, 01:57 AM
Using examples from the Cryx Forces book, Effects that bring back models are usually worded as "return to play" - check Goreshade the Cursed or Lich Lord Asphyxious feats for examples of effects that can only use models you already had and that got destroyed.
Making new models are worded as "add" like Rengrave, Tartarus or the Necrosurgeon.

ScottMcd
01-10-2015, 06:19 AM
The Min/max portion and associated point cost is for building your army. After it is built and the game starts 6ou can add members to a unit because there is nothing saying you can not.

Also, https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?19002-Adding-models-to-a-unit-is-unit-max-a-limit&highlight=adding

monstr369
01-17-2015, 10:48 AM
Thanks to everyone for helping out.