PDA

View Full Version : Shifting stones teleport and checking melee range.

SmoothTouch
01-11-2015, 09:27 AM
This came up in a game in which I got questioned about it and I, honestly, don´t know.

When you´re teleporting Ghetorix, for example, and you want him at max melee range, are you allowed to check melee range?

I think so considering you´re allowed to check melee range on your models at all time, or am I wrong?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-11-2015, 09:29 AM
You can check your model's melee range at any time. So you can check its melee range only after placing the actual model, not before using Teleportation. Before that you can only check melee range of it based on its current position.

Remember that you can check your model's melee range at any time; you can't measure in the open ground without any reason, and it is not ever be a 'checking your model's melee range' because there will be no one before you are put the actual model in the point.

Grey Templar
01-11-2015, 09:30 AM
You only get 1 place with the stones, so as soon as you put him down in a legal position that is where he goes. So for his melee range you need to guess if you want to get a specific model in his melee range, or at max melee range.

You're not allowed to put him down, see that he's within 1.5", and then move him to where he's at 2" exactly.

SmoothTouch
01-11-2015, 09:31 AM
You can check your model's melee range at any time. So you can check its melee range only after placing the actual model.

Remember that you can check your model's melee range at any time; you can't measure in the open ground without any reason.

Then if you put the model 1,5" from, or miss by 0,1", you´re own doing. Good to know.

I put the model where I had first so no harm done. :)

Po the Barbarian
01-11-2015, 09:46 AM
This came up in the judge discussion of allowing players to check melee range when using a proxy base to chose a charge vector. While a base can be used there and you can check melee range even to non charge targets, it was specifically clarified that the posters above are correct and that you can't check the melee range of a model being placed by an effect.

regleant
01-11-2015, 07:25 PM
You can check your model's melee range at any time. So you can check its melee range only after placing the actual model, not before using Teleportation. Before that you can only check melee range of it based on its current position.

Remember that you can check your model's melee range at any time; you can't measure in the open ground without any reason, and it is not ever be a 'checking your model's melee range' because there will be no one before you are put the actual model in the point.

I thought you could only check your model's melee range during its own activation?

virus646
01-11-2015, 07:26 PM
I thought you could only check your model's melee range during its own activation?

Not true! Anytime.