PDA

View Full Version : Feat/Casting spell after light cavalry 5" after action movement

Oros
01-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Can I pop feat or cast spell after light cavalry's 5"after action movement?

I heard one cast is: eMorvahna charge her tree, destroy it, light cavalry movement to push forward, then pop feat, put the tree back in her control range, and use the tree to channel death knell killing his opponent's army.

Is that legal?

Leonard_Dukes
01-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: a Light Cavalry model makes its Light Cavalry Move after completing its action, but that does not necessarily end its activation, and it can still use "at any time" abilities such as using its feat or casting spells.

Oros
01-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Thank you Leonard, just like what I thought.

:)

SprocketMonkey
01-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: a Light Cavalry model makes its Light Cavalry Move after completing its action, but that does not necessarily end its activation, and it can still use "at any time" abilities such as using its feat or casting spells.

I believe that is incorrect. Light Cav (pg 84) says your light cav 5" move occurs "immediately after the model/unit completes it's activation"... Not action.

Feats and spells still have to happen during your activation, but can be anytime before or after movement & attacks. You cannot do these outside of activation, which is when light cav movement happens.

Falkman
01-29-2015, 02:44 PM
I believe that is incorrect. Light Cav (pg 84) says your light cav 5" move occurs "immediately after the model/unit completes it's activation"... Not action.
Errata is your friend bro!

p. 82. Light Cavalry.
Replace the first sentence of the second paragraph with:
After an independent light cavalry model completes its action, the model can advance up to 5˝. After all the models in a light cavalry unit have completed their actions, each can advance up to 5˝.

DarkLegacy
01-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Leonard and Falkman are correct.