PDA

View Full Version : Remove From Play Stacking

Xyryxyr
02-10-2015, 08:00 AM
If several abilities Remove From Play and have effects that happen on remove from play do they all activate at once? Example: Carnivore on Eruption of Ash? Does the model explode and heal the caster?

Istarune
02-10-2015, 08:05 AM
While there are a few exceptions (blast damage, thresher, ect.) most effects in this game go in sequence, not simultaneously, so you will get only one effect. After one of them triggers, the other will attempt to remove from play, fail, and not trigger.

There's a breakdown of exactly what types of ability triggers when in Prime/Primal (which I hope someone will have a chance to post the page for before I have one in-hand, it'll be a few hours), which I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Mod_Neldar
02-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Both trigger at boxed. You choose the order to resolve them. Regardless of the order the second effect will fail because the boxed model is RFP'd during the resolution of the first.

AcidOverride
02-10-2015, 09:36 AM
If the two effects are from different people then the Active Player's effect goes off, then the other player's fails to activate because the model is already removed from play. If both effects are from the Active Player, then he chooses the order they go off, but the second one fails because the model is already removed from play. Same happens if both are from the Inactive Player.

solkan
02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
If several abilities Remove From Play and have effects that happen on remove from play do they all activate at once? Example: Carnivore on Eruption of Ash? Does the model explode and heal the caster?

Carnivore - "... the boxed model is removed from play and this model heals d3 damage points."
Eruption of Ash - "If a model is boxed by an attack made with this weapon, ... and then remove that model from play."

If you have multiple effects that trigger at the same state, such as boxed, then those effects are resolved one at a time, but you recheck to ensure that the condition is still valid before resolving the next effect each time.

If an effect changes the state of the model (such as going from boxed to removed from play; or a model healing while disabled so that it stops being disabled), you stop.

If an effect causes a model to leave play or cease being disabled, such as when damage is removed on a successful Tough roll, do not resolve any more effects triggered by that model being disabled. ...

Likewise, if an effect causes a boxed model to leave play or no longer be boxed, do not resolve any addition effects triggered by the model being boxed. For example, ...

So you pick one of the two 'on boxed' effects, and when you remove the model from play you don't resolve the other.