PDA

View Full Version : Side step rule with and with inmunity to free strikes

matiaspan
02-11-2015, 09:25 AM
I just read the 11-2 errata where some occurrences of the Side step rule were changed so that they no longer grant inmunity to free strikes.
I couldn't help but notice that not all models had this ruled changed. Examples of this are Molik Karn (who lost inmunity) and Imperatus (who didn't).
Is this intended? for some models to have a different side step rule?

xenwall
02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
I just read the 11-2 errata where some occurrences of the Side step rule were changed so that they no longer grant inmunity to free strikes.
I couldn't help but notice that not all models had this ruled changed. Examples of this are Molik Karn (who lost inmunity) and Imperatus (who didn't).
Is this intended? for some models to have a different side step rule?

The rules for side step have two sentences. The errata refers to changing the first sentence. The second sentence of Side Step states "This model cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement." The rule is the same for all models.

Grey Templar
02-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Woah, missed that errata. Yes, please give us clarification.

Boris YELLtsin
02-11-2015, 09:34 AM
All of those changes alter one specific sentence. The sentence that grants immunity to free strikes is not altered and remains unchanged.

For example, Molik Karn's entry says "Replace the first sentence of Side Step with the following:" It, however, does not replace the SECOND sentence of Side Step that states, "This model cannot be targetted by free strikes during this movement." So, Molik Karn, and every model with Side Step, maintains their free strike immunity during the side step movement.

As for why certain models like Imperatus don't have an errata to their wording, that's because the clause in question was already in line with the new language that PP was using for the rule and therefore did not need to be changed.

matiaspan
02-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Your're completely right in most cases. Archdomina makeda however has a single sentence side step rule printed on her card, nowhere does it say that she's inmune to free strikes. Does she have a different rule?

Boris YELLtsin
02-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Your're completely right in most cases. Archdomina makeda however has a single sentence side step rule printed on her card, nowhere does it say that she's inmune to free strikes. Does she have a different rule?

I'm looking at the Skorne forces book now, and her Side Step is two sentences. The latter contains the free strike immunity clause.

You may simply have a misprint.

Leonard_Dukes
02-11-2015, 09:39 AM
The discrepancy on Makeda's card is an error in War Room only, and one that has existed for some time now.

matiaspan
02-11-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm looking at the Skorne forces book now, and her Side Step is two sentences. The latter contains the free strike immunity clause.

You may simply have a misprint.

I'm checking the card and the war room app.

matiaspan
02-11-2015, 09:42 AM
The discrepancy on Makeda's card is an error in War Room only, and one that has existed for some time now.

If that's the case thank you guys for all your help, I think I'm good with all your answers.