PDA

View Full Version : [Riven Bonds] Skarlock Thrall

juckto
02-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Lore Weaver - Does this stack with Admonia's Black Arts, or does it suffer the "Same named abilities don't stack" rule?
I'm unsure because the abilities are on two different models (Skarlock and Admonia) but both affect a third model (the warcaster).

Rune of Channeling - Technically (http://xkcd.com/1475/) this doesn't function as intended. An arc node needs to be part of a warcaster's battlegroup to have spells channeled through it, and a Skarlock is not in a battlegroup.
Vociferon, in comparison, gets around this by having the "Companion" rule as well as the Arc Node advantage.

DarkLegacy
02-18-2015, 11:28 AM
1. Different named abilities, would allow two upkeeps. Similar to Great Power and Sylys with Old Witch.

2. Replace "This model gains Arcnode" with "This model gains Channeler [friendly Faction warcaster]. (While a model with Channeler is not engaged and is in a friendly Faction warcaster's control area, the warcaster can channel spells through it.)"

juckto
02-18-2015, 11:49 AM
1. Different named abilities, would allow two upkeeps. Similar to Great Power and Sylys with Old Witch.

Okay ... but Lore Weaver grants Black Arts which has the same name.

Lore Weaver
– This model gains
+2
SPD and Black Arts. (A friendly
Faction warcaster with a model with
Black Arts in its control area can upkeep
one spell without spending focus.)

DarkLegacy
02-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Okay ... but Lore Weaver grants Black Arts which has the same name.

That's what I get for not looking at the name of the effect first. Checking on it.

juckto
02-18-2015, 11:54 AM
And that's what I get for assuming everyone reads League rules. I should have just posted the rules text to begin with. :)

DarkLegacy
02-18-2015, 11:56 AM
And that's what I get for assuming everyone reads League rules. I should have just posted the rules text to begin with. :)
I read them, I just didn't remember all the new rules' names. There are a lot of them in that document.

Kradlo
02-18-2015, 01:43 PM
I would say that two models with Black Arts could not both affect the same warcaster, because abilities with the same name do not stack. If you had more than one warcaster (as in Unbound), each could be affected by Black Arts.

RebelNoun
02-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Isn't there also another rule where a spell gains +3 RNG if the model with the rule casts the spell and is the point of origin? How does that work with the skarlock? I'm under the impression that skarlocks are the point of origin, but it is the caster who is considered to have cast the spell. Is this an issue, or..?

Edit: The ability is called Arcane Prodigy. (The pdf didn't want to load, oh well)

DarkLegacy
02-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Isn't there also another rule where a spell gains +3 RNG if the model with the rule casts the spell and is the point of origin? How does that work with the skarlock? I'm under the impression that skarlocks are the point of origin, but it is the caster who is considered to have cast the spell. Is this an issue, or..?
The skarlock is always the point of origin for spells it casts.

Mod_Neldar
02-19-2015, 09:56 AM

Doesn't apply. The model casting the spell is the skarlock. In the case of upkeeps and spells that can be cast once per turn once cast they count against the warcaster's limit for those spells.

RebelNoun
02-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Doesn't apply. The model casting the spell is the skarlock. In the case of upkeeps and spells that can be cast once per turn once cast they count against the warcaster's limit for those spells.

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up :)

DarkLegacy
04-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Two instances of Black Arts only allows one spell to be upkept for free.