PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Steamroller Objective, do they provide cover or are they an obstacle or not?

Jairoe03
02-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Are these like buildings? Do they provide cover and/or are obstacles or do you treat them as if they are completely flat with unique objective traits?

Psyllus
02-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Objective (50 mm base)
Objectives are a model type used only in scenarios. The rules for
these models appear on the corresponding objective cards.

From the SR2015 rules packet. They are a model.

zombiepops
02-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Are these like buildings? Do they provide cover and/or are obstacles or do you treat them as if they are completely flat with unique objective traits?

SR2015 objectives are large based models. So they have all the properties of larged based models (volume, line of sight blocking, etc) modified by the additional rules of objects (immobile, etc), and additional rules based on which type of objective it is (one of which provides cover as if it were an obstruction)

Jairoe03
02-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Alright cool thanks. A follow up question (somewhat of a noob one), when dominating a zone, is it worth 3 points total or is it just 2 points? Wasn't sure if the Dominate replaced the Control Zone or added to the Control Zone points.

Grey Templar
02-18-2015, 05:13 PM
One of the objectives does provide cover exactly as if it were an obstacle.

You can only dominate or control a zone, you cannot do both. If you fulfill both requirements you Dominate because its worth more.

It should also be pointed out that Objectives do contest zones and flags, they can't control as they are immobile though.

Jairoe03
02-18-2015, 05:18 PM
So you have to destroy the opponent's objective FIRST before control/dominate on the zone?

Grey Templar
02-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Yes, if its in the zone or within 4" of a flag. And only if its in the zone/flag you are trying to control/dominate. You can dominate a zone or flag a friendly objective is in or nearby.

Jairoe03
02-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Alright cool, thanks for all the clarifications. First time I played an actual Steamroller Scenario so a lot of questions popped up between me and my friend.