PDA

View Full Version : Unit command, field promotion and failed commend checks.

Stubbyholders
02-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Firstly, does a model who was field promoted last turn, simply lose their ability to attack? Or their action as well? Can they give orders still?

If a unit fails a command check in my opponents turn, I then get to roll a command check at the start of my turn. If I succeed, can that unit activate this turn?

nevek
02-18-2015, 09:31 PM
a model that was promoted last turn doesn't lose his attack (you only lose it the turn you were promoted)
yes he can still give orders
you don't make command checks at the beginning of your turn...you make it at the end of that units activation...if they pass they can act the next round

Grey Templar
02-18-2015, 09:32 PM
You only lose the ability to attack on the turn you are field promoted, not a round. So if a leader is killed on your opponents turn, the model that gets Field Promoted can't make free strikes that turn. But on your next turn will act normally. They can still issue orders and make special actions as I recall.

Stubbyholders
02-18-2015, 09:37 PM
So my unit advances, next to a model with abomination, it fails a command check. Can I then make a second command check at the end of their activation?

Grey Templar
02-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Yes. If they pass they rally and may act normally next turn, as opposed to the old way which was you rally during their next activation(so you lost 2 activations)

You still lose their current activation of course.

Kiwano
02-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Yes. If they pass they rally and may act normally next turn, as opposed to the old way which was you rally during their next activation(so you lost 2 activations)

You still lose their current activation of course.

I don't think this is correct. The rules for fleeing state that if they are made to flee during their activation their activation "immediately" ends. You don't get to roll a second command check at the end of their activation -- it is already over (immediately).

vintersbastard
02-19-2015, 04:10 PM
I don't think this is correct. The rules for fleeing state that if they are made to flee during their activation their activation "immediately" ends. You don't get to roll a second command check at the end of their activation -- it is already over (immediately).

Grey Templar is correct, and here's why (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?33246-When-does-a-rally-actually-take-place&p=2846474&viewfull=1#post2846474).