PDA

View Full Version : Recusrion question

cloudsabacc
02-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Quick question : Can you have a unit with more models in it than it originally had? I play Cryx and a friend of mine told me I could not add additionnal models to a full unit using Excarnate (or I guess Tartarus) because the rules do not allow a unit to include more model than original unit size...

Can anyone have the reference rule please. Thank you.

the_true_druid
02-19-2015, 01:23 PM
You can ADD new models (via Tartarus, eGoreshade Elite Cadre, Excarnate, or Necrosurgeon) to go above starting size. What you can't do is RETURN models above their "starting" size. I put starting in quotes because models which are added change the base size for returned models.

IceShadow
02-19-2015, 01:47 PM
It depends on the ability. Check the wording. Goreshade2's Elite Cadre rule, the Necrosurgeon's Necrosurgery rule, Tartarus's Death Toll rule, Asphyxious2's Excarnate spell, all say to "add" a grunt/etc. to the unit. If it says "add" you can go above the original model count, and every one you add increases the original model count of the unit.

Abilities like Goreshade3's "Mockery of Life" spell say to "Return" a grunt/etc. to play, and if that's the case, you can only go up to the original model count. (EDIT: You can also only return models that were destroyed, not ones that were Removed From Play.)

So for example, if you have a unit of Bane Thralls starting at (10), Tartarus can kill a living enemy model and the Bane Thralls can go to (11). You couldn't Mockery of Life any back yet. If one is destroyed, unit size is down to (10) but original unit size is still (11). If Tartarus makes another thrall, unit size is now (11) and original unit size is (12), and you could Mockery of Life (1) back.