PDA

View Full Version : Mirage and reach models

Korvald
02-19-2015, 01:46 PM
If I have a model with mirage in b2b with an enemy model with reach, and I use the mirage movement to move directly away, is my model still being engaged?

Argument I've heard saying yes:
-If its in base contact and moves 2" away, it is exactly at 2" away, and that counts as being within 2". So it is still engaged by reach

Arguments I've heard saying no:
-Melee range says: "within" and being exactly 2" away does not mean it is "within" 2"
-Bases can never occupy the same space, so even if the bases are touching, there must be an infinitely small distance between them. So when a model's base moves 2" away, it is still an infinitely small distance away from the enemy model's reach range.

These are arguments I've heard from others. I lean towards the "yes" argument, but I wanted to be sure.

Celebros
02-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Most recently came up just over a week ago: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?221242-Model-in-base-to-base-is-moved-2-quot-is-it-within-reach-range

The answer is "yes".

Note - That thread is locked, confirming the answer provided was correct.

Korvald
02-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I tried searching for thread titles with "mirage" but nothing came up

GilDK
02-20-2015, 01:51 AM
Also remember, that mirage grants apparation, which is completly within 2", so the model is not 2" away from the other model

vintersbastard
02-20-2015, 03:08 AM
Also remember, that mirage grants apparation, which is completly within 2", so the model is not 2" away from the other model
Actually, that's exactly the distance it could achieve at most; I'm not sure what you're thinking of here.