PDA

View Full Version : Reductors and Tarterus

dominosfleet
02-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Does "Death Toll" work on Reductors in Cyriss?

I think the answer is going to be no because their rule "clockwork vessel" only mentions soul tokens and the construct rule specifically states they aren't living models.

As a Cryx player this makes me a sad panda but it's what it is.

thanks

Damien

Mod_Neldar
02-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Death Toll doesn't work.

AcidOverride
02-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Death Toll specifies living models. Reductors are not living, and have no rule that says they count as living for purposes of Death Toll, thus it does not work.

RejjeN
02-20-2015, 12:14 PM
On a similar note I can swear I read a rule that generates soul tokens that did NOT work despite Clockwork vessel, but I could have had a mind-derp at the time. is there such a rules interaction somewhere?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
02-20-2015, 03:33 PM
On a similar note I can swear I read a rule that generates soul tokens that did NOT work despite Clockwork vessel, but I could have had a mind-derp at the time. is there such a rules interaction somewhere?

If you means that models with Clockwork Vessel will not generate soul token when destroyed by Bane Lord Tartarus, they generates soul token because it is not the eligible model of Death Toll(it is not a living enemy model).

RejjeN
02-20-2015, 04:02 PM
No I meant exactly what I wrote. I'm certain I read a rule on some model (I believe it was a mercenary solo?) that generates soul tokens from a ranged attack, but the wording made me think it wouldn't work on Clockwork vessels, but I'm not sure if I just mind-derped at the time or not, so I'm curious if there are any "generate soul token" rules that don't work on Clockwork Vessels due to how they're written.

AcidOverride
02-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Not to the best of my knowledge RejjeN. I'm pretty sure they are written pretty specifically to work with ALL soul gathering methods.

IceShadow
02-20-2015, 07:06 PM
He may be thinking of Alexia and gathering CORPSE tokens. But that's not really a rules question anyhow.

RejjeN
02-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Not to the best of my knowledge RejjeN. I'm pretty sure they are written pretty specifically to work with ALL soul gathering methods.

Probably.

@IceShadow Nah I'm certain it was soul token. But who the card was for I don't remember. Heck could have been a pistol wraith for all I know. Just ignore me xD