PDA

View Full Version : viktor pendrake & saxon orik question

Gregghunter21
02-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Hey! I'm running a tournament next weekend a 50 team tournament where each player brings a 25 point list and is 2 vs 2. 2 of my players asked me today this question one is running cygnar and one is playing 4 star with viktor and saxon in the lists. Now I know as a TO it's ultimately my call but I'm curious what the animosity rule actually does in a team tournament and whether I allow it or not. Thanks in advance guys.

drachenfels
02-20-2015, 10:43 PM
it depends on how you are handling characters. If character are restricted between players apply animosity between lists, if characters are on a player basis then animosity should be as well.

Gregghunter21
02-20-2015, 10:47 PM
It's Character restricted between lists.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
02-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Hey! I'm running a tournament next weekend a 50 team tournament where each player brings a 25 point list and is 2 vs 2. 2 of my players asked me today this question one is running cygnar and one is playing 4 star with viktor and saxon in the lists. Now I know as a TO it's ultimately my call but I'm curious what the animosity rule actually does in a team tournament and whether I allow it or not. Thanks in advance guys.

Teams should be made up exclusively of models from the same faction and the mercenaries that will work for that faction. If a team wishes to field an all-mercenary force, all the members of the team must use the same mercenary contract.

So your players cannot make a team with a Cygnar list and a Four Star Syndicate list. Both player must choose either Cygnar or Four Star Syndicate list. It is fine to made a houserule for your tournament because it is the authority of TO, but here is not the forum for houserule. If you don't follow the official rule then you must determine it for yourself, or another people in general discussion forum. (https://privateerpressforums.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Privateer-Press-Discussion)

Each team can include only one of any character model.

This model cannot be included in an army that includes one or more models of the listed type.

Though there are no define answer, but I think that this part and team games restriction for faction means that both players shares the list(except for non-character Field Allowance), so Animosity ability works through the entire team. Note that it is no more than my guess.

sterling319
02-21-2015, 12:02 AM
If the players are sharing lists before the tournament, and if you're enforcing character restrictions between players, then Animosity should apply as well.

Shout-out from Alaska to BFG.

vintersbastard
02-22-2015, 08:40 AM
If the players are sharing lists before the tournament, and if you're enforcing character restrictions between players, then Animosity should apply as well.
Why? After all, you're already ignoring most restrictions on list construction - i.e., what models work for whom.

drachenfels
02-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Why? After all, you're already ignoring most restrictions on list construction - i.e., what models work for whom.

forcing them into duofaction, or faction/merc is a logistics nightmare and i doubt with those restrictions you could reliably get a 16man event going even.

kp_edge
02-22-2015, 02:06 PM
I just played in a tournament like this and the rule was each 25 point list had to be "legal" and no character jacks/beasts. Beyond that, no restrictions. One difference was partners were randomized at beginning of tournament and had 15 minutes to make their 25 points each. Oh... and only 1 feat per team per turn. I'm not sure if restrictions beyond that help/hurt, I ended up playing Borka1 with partner's Harbinger and we beat a Makeda3/Scaverous duo in the finals (barely). Everyone had fun, and my 2 cents, tourneys like this are really for fun, and the less restrictions the better