PDA

View Full Version : Direct hit and blast dmg

xbukkx
02-21-2015, 07:56 AM
If i directly hit a model with a 3" aoe, and say i get 3 guys in it(2 grunts and standard bearer). Does it matter which damage roll i do first? Could i do the blast damage first trying to take out the 2 grunts and then do the standard bearer last so then no one can "pick up"?

I figured yes since all damage is simultaneous. But i am unsure.

Cheers

RejjeN
02-21-2015, 08:14 AM
The damage being simultaneous means that in game terms you don't remove a model until all damage rolls have been made, so I don't think the other grunts would be able to "pick up" since they're disabled at the same time as the standard bearer.

xbukkx
02-21-2015, 08:33 AM
ahh... good point. anyone else on a ruling? and just to make sure all standard bearers have the ability of pick up right?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
02-21-2015, 08:45 AM
ahh... good point. anyone else on a ruling? and just to make sure all standard bearers have the ability of pick up right?

Check the rulebook. Page 70 and 245 of Warmachine: Prime MKII will be what you wants.

Greydrog
02-22-2015, 02:24 PM
If all 3 models die simultaneously non can obviously take the standard. However if one survives then he can take it up. Damage is applied at the same time and each model moves through the damage steps in tandem. Disabled, boxed,destroyed