PDA

View Full Version : Does a unit that is out of formation lose any buff they got from an upkeep spell?

Fenrawr
02-22-2015, 09:11 AM
topic. ten chars.

vintersbastard
02-22-2015, 09:36 AM
In short, no. Targeting restrictions have nothing whatsoever to do with actually benefiting from an effect.

Fenrawr
02-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Ok, thanks a lot! =)

waspinator21
02-22-2015, 03:41 PM
I think they changed it to them losing it if they are out of formation. I remember something about this happening a while ago.

AcidOverride
02-22-2015, 03:59 PM
There is nothing that states a model loses unit effects that were on it if they leave formation after. New friendly spell targeting rules state that you cannot target a unit with a friendly spell unless they are all in formation, but if the effect is on them, they do not lose it for leaving formation (unless it is a specific "while in formation" effect, which there are a few of).

ScottMcd
02-22-2015, 05:00 PM
I think they changed it to them losing it if they are out of formation. I remember something about this happening a while ago.

From the welcome to the rules forum post:

Please don't try to answer questions based purely off memory. Conjecture and debate are certainly welcome in any thread regarding an unresolved issue, but if someone just needs a yes/no answer on a straightforward issue it does little good to give 4 different possible answers depending on the specific wording of the abilities when you don't have such wording in front of you. Someone will certainly be along shortly that does have their cards/books on hand.

Acid override has it right.