PDA

View Full Version : A model is.....

Method1105
02-28-2015, 01:11 PM
So I have a question about models on the field.

If I have the Ghostly abbility, why can I move through houses and forest and all kind of obstacles, but not past a normal model even if I have enoug movement?

What is a model so he blocks this movement? I only read in the rules they are intervening models, so thats only for line of sight is it?
Where in the rulebook can I find this answer?

I'm confussed because people say "No you cant do that" but no one can tell my why.

Falkman
02-28-2015, 01:22 PM
If I have the Ghostly abbility, why can I move through houses and forest and all kind of obstacles, but not past a normal model even if I have enoug movement?
Because Ghostly does not tell you that you can move through models.

Leonard_Dukes
02-28-2015, 01:22 PM
A moving model's base cannot pass over another model's base.

In order for a model to pass over another model's base, it needs an ability/effect that explicitly allows it to, such as Flight or Acrobatics.

Ghostly does not grant such an ability.

Grey Templar
02-28-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm confussed because people say "No you cant do that" but no one can tell my why.

Why? Because Ghostly doesn't say you can move through models. It only lets you move through terrain and obstacles.

IceShadow
02-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Don't try to apply real-world logic to all the game rules. Many of them exist for gameplay balance only.

daoloth
02-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Page 46 of Prime under movement, paragraph 2 says "A moving model's base cannot pass over another model's base.".

Then apply the reasoning used by the above posts. Ghostly does not provide an exception to that rule. Incorporeal, Flight and Acrobatics do.

Method1105
02-28-2015, 11:41 PM
Page 46 of Prime under movement, paragraph 2 says "A moving model's base cannot pass over another model's base.".

Then apply the reasoning used by the above posts. Ghostly does not provide an exception to that rule. Incorporeal, Flight and Acrobatics do.

Thats the answer I was looking for.
So only if the abbility says so.
It confussed me because it says enemys don't get a free strike, and I read some where that its possibleto move through, but after reading that again and seeing it was about Bane Riders, who are cavalry it made sense.

The Captain
03-01-2015, 04:50 AM
Thats the answer I was looking for.
So only if the abbility says so.
It confussed me because it says enemys don't get a free strike, and I read some where that its possibleto move through, but after reading that again and seeing it was about Bane Riders, who are cavalry it made sense.
Bane Riders are just Ghostly too. Cavalry rules do not allow them to move through models either (although they may be able to clear the way during movement via impact attacks). Both Ghostly and Cavalry rules are often misunderstood, though, so it's not unlikely that wherever this "somewhere" you read was, they were simply mistaken.

IceShadow
03-01-2015, 05:20 AM
Also, Soulhunters can be made incorporeal by proximity to Darragh Wrathe, which lets them move through models. That might be what you're thinking of.