PDA

View Full Version : Charge, acrobatics and facing

Fizzics
03-01-2015, 03:34 PM
I couldn't find the answer with a quick search... And it kinda feels like a noobie thing but...

Can you charge through a model if you have acrobatics? I'll draw a simple picture to illustrate what I mean...

o = charger
t = target
< or > = facing

o> <t

after charge

<t<o

Is that cool?

sauronslefteyebrow
03-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Short answer 'no'.
Long answer from rule book, 'Once the charge target is in the charging model's melee range, it must stay in the charging model's melee range for the entire charge or the charge fails.' (p47 WM Prime)

AcidOverride
03-01-2015, 04:01 PM
No. You CAN charge through a model if you are charging a model behind them, but:

Once the charge target is in the the charging model's melee range, it must stay in the charging model's melee range for the entire charge or the charge fails.

so you cannot go THROUGH a model to charge that model without violating this subset of the charge rules.

Grey Templar
03-01-2015, 04:52 PM
It is possible to move over a model you are charging if you are coming at an extreme angle or have 360 degree vision. But otherwise its usually impossible because of the prior rule.

Fizzics
03-01-2015, 07:01 PM
It is possible to move over a model you are charging if you are coming at an extreme angle or have 360 degree vision. But otherwise its usually impossible because of the prior rule.

That answers my next question... How would it work with things like shifting stones, which don't have a melee but have 360.

Thanks.

Grey Templar
03-01-2015, 07:18 PM
That answers my next question... How would it work with things like shifting stones, which don't have a melee but have 360.

Thanks.

The model being charged doesn't matter, its the charging model's melee that matters.

Fizzics
03-02-2015, 11:08 AM
The model being charged doesn't matter, its the charging model's melee that matters.

Ah yes.. I understand. Thanks again.