PDA

View Full Version : Losing all members of beast pack to simultaneous friendly attack

somnicide
03-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Quick question on reaving fury from a beast pack that loses all members to a friendly attack that kills all members simultaneously, say either obliterate or a chain attack bloodbath.

Can the caster reave the fury as the warbeast pack size, and thus it's fury stat, is reduced to 0 making it's fury stat 0 and eligible for reaving per the warbeast pack rules, or as it is a friendly model taking the last wound simultaneously off of the leader do the normal rules for not reaving off of friendly damage come into play?

Sorry if this was asked, I couldn't find it searching on my phone.

Jester5613
03-01-2015, 05:27 PM
I thought you couldn't reave fury from a beast if it was destroyed by a friendly attack. "This model cannot reave fury points from a warbeast in its battlegroup that was destroyed by a friendly attack or as a result of transferring damage to the warbeast."

Caladian
03-01-2015, 05:30 PM
There was a previous thread about that, but we never got an answer. We had two conflicting rules.

somnicide
03-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Yes but with warbeast packs you are reaving fury that must be discarded from the leader due to them possessing fury points in excess of their fury stat, not off if the models you kill. That is not in question here. That ruling is here, btw and not the topic of this post, https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?221253-Warbeast-Pack-Remove-from-Play-Reave

WoldGnome
03-03-2015, 05:00 AM
If the whole unit is killed simultaneously then the leader dies at the same time as the rest of the unit. So no change in his fury stat would occur before he is killed.

Any other situation where the leader is not killed by the same attack would result in the normal beast pack reaving rules. But that does not seem to be what you are asking.