PDA

View Full Version : advance move and quicken ossyan the hour of war theme force

Fragelrock
03-03-2015, 01:50 PM
ossyan's theme force grants advance move to jacks and lets him put out all his upkeeps to begin the game. does that mean I can quicken the banshee and advance move 7"?

tier 3 says: before start of game but after both players have deployed, a model with advance move can make a full advance
tier 4 says: " friendly model/units can begin the game affected by ossyan's upkeep spells. these spells and their targets must be declared before either player sets up models."
So it's been declared that the banshee has quicken before advance move, but is the spell on him before the first turn?

Grey Templar
03-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Yes it works I think. Uuless the game doesn't begin till the first turn.

FifthColumn
03-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Yes it works I think. Uuless the game doesn't begin till the first turn.

I think it's trickier than that. Friendly model/units most likely don't "begin the game" (as indicated in T4 benefit) "before start of game" (as the rules for Advance Move indicate). you have to declare the spells and targets before deployment, but when do they take effect? RAW, I think it's no.

Does Start trigger before Begin? I can't find it in Prime.

Also, congratulations to the OP on being the first player to run Ossyan's theme force.

Leonard_Dukes
03-03-2015, 02:14 PM
[...] Before the start of the game but after both players have deployed, a model with Advance Move can make a full advance.

Friendly model/units can begin the game affected by Ossyan's upkeep spells. These spells and their targets must be declared before either player sets up models.

It sounds to me that although you designate the targets of your upkeep spells before deployment, the spells don't actually "apply" until the game begins (Player 1's Maintenance Phase). Whereas the full advance granted by Advance Move takes place before the game begins (after deployment, but before Player 1's Maintenance Phase).

DarkLegacy
03-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Checking...

Noble Rain
03-06-2015, 05:37 AM
Bumping this up since I'm curious about this.

DarkLegacy
03-06-2015, 05:40 AM
Bumping isn't something that should be done.

DarkLegacy
03-30-2015, 05:36 PM
Advance Move states "Before the start of the game". The upkeeps are declared before deployment, but are put into play at the start of the game. Advance Move happens before the upkeeps are put into play.