PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly, ride by attacks, and obstacles

Puc0
03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Hey all, got a question that I couldn't reason out and was looking for some help.

I'd like to know how do bane knights ride by attacks work with walls and other obstacles.

Eg, A bane knight is doing a ride by attack and uses ghostly to pop in and out of a wall without actually having enough space for his whole base to fit on the side he would like to do his ride by attack.

Does this work because he has ghostly and doesn't care about walls,

or

Does this fail because you can't actually put this model where it needs to be to measure his melee range.

SageofLodoss
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Hey all, got a question that I couldn't reason out and was looking for some help.

I'd like to know how do bane knights ride by attacks work with walls and other obstacles.

Eg, A bane knight is doing a ride by attack and uses ghostly to pop in and out of a wall without actually having enough space for his whole base to fit on the side he would like to do his ride by attack.

Does this work because he has ghostly and doesn't care about walls,

or

Does this fail because you can't actually put this model where it needs to be to measure his melee range.

You mean Bane Riders, not Knights.

This doesn't work because ghostly only allows you to move through obstacles when you can move completely past them. Even though you have more movement left in the ride by, the middle of an obstacle is not a legal place to stop and make your combat action.

Puc0
03-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Ha yes Bane Knights. The name always screw me up, bet they didn't plan ahead for that during RD way back when.
Also thanks for the snappy response, that whats I was thinking.

IceShadow
03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Reference: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?223024-Archangel-and-ride-by-attack&p=3024924&viewfull=1#post3024924