PDA

View Full Version : 360 vision and directly facing

HellecticMojo
03-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Does models with 360 vision have any position where you directly face?
Do models with temporary/circumstatial 360 visions like awareness spell, or great bears with yarovich still alive have to stare directly using their normal arc after a charge?
Can I end my tramples facing the spot I was before if i was granted 360 vision?

Leonard_Dukes
03-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Does models with 360 vision have any position where you directly face?

A model with Circular Vision is always directly facing any other model on the table.

Do models with temporary/circumstatial 360 visions like awareness spell, or great bears with yarovich still alive have to stare directly using their normal arc after a charge?

A model must turn to directly face its charge target upon completion of its charge movement. Since a model with Circular Vision is already directly facing its charge target, it does not and in fact cannot change its facing upon completion of its charge movement. It can, of course, change its facing before beginning its charge movement.

Can I end my tramples facing the spot I was before if i was granted 360 vision?

A model that Tramples may not change its facing at the end of its Trample movement, but may do so before beginning its movement.

it_landry
04-16-2015, 03:15 AM
Where does it say you can change facing before begining the charge? I've never heard of that before.

solkan
04-16-2015, 03:23 AM
Where does it say you can change facing before begining the charge? I've never heard of that before.

My count shows sentence three, paragraph two:

After declaring a charge, the charging model turns to face any direction that will bring it to within melee range of its target, ignoring terrain, the distance to the charge target, and other models. The charging model then advances ...

That "to face any direction" bit is what allows the model to change facing even though it's already directly facing every model in the game.

Cheeslord
04-16-2015, 07:30 AM
A model with Circular Vision is always directly facing any other model on the table.

Do you have a reference for this? It just sounds a bit counter-intuitive ... since presumably it still has a single direction that it is facing (the way the model is "pointing" as it were, expressible as an angle relative to some reference angle) , or what happens when an effect causes it to advance directly forward, (as I believe some exist...)? So either it faces in a single direction while also by another definition faces every direction ... or when advancing directly forwards it advances in every direction at once?

Mark.

IceShadow
04-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Or when advancing directly forward, the controller of the model chooses the direction.

I am unaware of any such effects, though.

Leonard_Dukes
04-16-2015, 08:38 AM
A model with circular vision is always directly facing any other model on the table.

Do you have a reference for this? It just sounds a bit counter-intuitive

When in doubt, check the rule book:

A model with a 360° front arc has no back arc and is both facing and directly facing all models.

what happens when an effect causes it to advance directly forward, (as I believe some exist...)? So either it faces in a single direction while also by another definition faces every direction ... or when advancing directly forwards it advances in every direction at once?

If you can come up with even a single example where a model is compelled to "advance directly forward" then that would be an interesting problem. As it stands, however, the only similar effects which I can think of typically compel the model to "advance directly toward" or "advance directly away from" some other model. In both cases, the advancing model cannot change its facing after moving (p48).

TheUnknownMercenary
04-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Do you have a reference for this? It just sounds a bit counter-intuitive ... since presumably it still has a single direction that it is facing (the way the model is "pointing" as it were, expressible as an angle relative to some reference angle) , or what happens when an effect causes it to advance directly forward, (as I believe some exist...)? So either it faces in a single direction while also by another definition faces every direction ... or when advancing directly forwards it advances in every direction at once?

Mark.

Rulebook under facing

A model with a 360 front arc has no back arc and is both facing and directly facing all models.