PDA

View Full Version : Perdition?

websome7
03-06-2015, 08:27 PM
I was going to post this in the cryx forum but it's really a rules question.
So I picked up Skarre2 after two years of not touching her, turns out I forgot everything about her. Including her spell list the different interactions.

Perdition states "towards" and not "directly towards."
So if I'm 2" away from "X" can I make a curved movement, keeping "X" 0" away, then move 1mm in to satisfy the towards clause?

Additionally (and this was just a weird wording and/or lack of explicit wording)
During the advance, because the jack has volume, "Y" becomes the nearest model. Does the jack the continue its advance towards the nearest "Y" or previous nearest "X." Or is there an implied "target nearest model"

Leonard_Dukes
03-06-2015, 08:35 PM
So if I'm 2" away from "X" can I make a curved movement, keeping "X" 0" away, then move 1mm in to satisfy the towards clause?

A model can only ever move in a straight line, no matter how long or short the distance of that movement increment. As such, it is impossible for a model to advance in a "curved movement". If a your model begins exactly 2" away from Model X and "must move toward" Model X, then any time your model moves, no matter how long or short that single straight-line increment is, that increment must decrease the distance between your model and Model X.

How short an increment you are actually capable of measuring, and how much patience your opponent is willing to provide while you break out the precision laser micrometer, is a discussion best left between you two.

Additionally (and this was just a weird wording and/or lack of explicit wording)
During the advance, because the jack has volume, "Y" becomes the nearest model. Does the jack the continue its advance towards the nearest "Y" or previous nearest "X." Or is there an implied "target nearest model"

After the attack that triggers Perdition is resolved, you choose a warjack in Skarre's battlegroup that is in her control area, and you determine what enemy model is nearest to it at that time. The selected warjack then advances toward that model, subject to the restrictions above.

solkan
03-06-2015, 08:37 PM

All movement in Warmachine is in straight lines, separated by pauses to change facing.

So, no, you cannot move in a curved line. And the movement along each of the line segments must obey "towards" the entire length of the line segment.

It's not just "I started X inches away and now I'm X-2 inches away."

websome7
03-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Sorry I didn't mean an actual curve line. I ment move in one inch increments around a model.
But I get what you guys are saying. So

distance moved = 1"
towards movement = m

For each (1"), the movement must end (1"- m).

And there is an implied "target nearnest model" gotcha

Grey Templar
03-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Yes, you can move in one inch increments as long as at each subsequent point of movement the distance between the two models is decreasing.

Its sort of like gravity. Your warjack is "falling" towards the closest enemy model as it makes its Perdition movement and must always be decreasing the distance at each instantaneous point. It cannot at any point make a portion of that movement which would increase or maintain the distance between the two models.