PDA

View Full Version : Caster dies in multiplayer game, what happens to their amry

dredogg34
03-13-2015, 11:17 PM
My friends and I like to include as many people in game as we can, so we play a lot of group games. It always seems to come up about what happens to one players army after their caster is assassinated. We know that the warjacks go inert and the warbeasts go wild, but we can't find anything about what happens to the units/solo's. Some of us want to play that the units/solo's keep fighting (under control of the dead casters player) and some like to say they go away. Any advice on rules would really help :D

juckto
03-14-2015, 12:21 AM
They stay, because there is no rule saying they disappear. The dead caster's player can still win on scenario points.

Grey Templar
03-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Units and Solos are not attached to casters, unless they have the Attachment or Companion rule.

When a caster dies, only their battle group is effected. And those could theoretically be picked up by the surviving warcaster.

Xeurian
03-14-2015, 09:58 AM
When a caster dies, only their battle group is effected. And those could theoretically be picked up by the surviving warcaster.

It's not a multi-caster game, it's a multiplayer game in which each player has only one caster. (From my understanding anyways)

Oilslick
03-14-2015, 10:51 AM
This is not an official format so you are free to make your own rules here. Technically you can play a two player game where caster death is not a victory condition. My old LGS did this all of the time but it skews things to infantry swarms.

tordeck
03-14-2015, 04:59 PM
In a 2v2 setting (vs a 1v1v1v1) we have always played it that both opposing casters need to be destroyed to win via assassination and that while the jacks do go inert(and can always be reactivated if there is a jack marshal in that players army) the units and solos continue to function for any player who's caster has been destroyed. This makes it so that if one side can get a quick caster kill it doesnt end up being a 2v1 game.

TheUnknownMercenary
03-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Warcaster/Warlock death is not a game ending victoy condition or a reason for a player to pack up all his/her models and leave, unless you make it a condition, see Steamroller rules for the perfect example.

Nothing is stopping the players from continuing to play until they give up or run out of models (or time).

dredogg34
03-14-2015, 08:27 PM
Thanks for all the information guys! This is really going to help all the group games we play and it makes it more interesting that you can't just caster kill and 2v1. You have to be a lot more careful and plan things out :)