PDA

View Full Version : Black Dragon Unit Attachment -- Rule Missing

Michael
03-16-2015, 03:22 AM
I looked very carefully at my Black Dragon UA card last night and realized there's a missing rule.

The missing rule is:

Unit Attachment [Iron Fang Pikemen]

That is all. :)

solkan
03-16-2015, 03:41 AM
Look at the second line of the unit name:

Black Dragon Officer and Standard
Khador Iron Fang Pikemen Unit Attachment

:p

Michael
03-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Mine only says "Khador Unit Attachment" in its subtype line. My physical card differs from what was printed in NQ #40, which has the "Attachment" rule. I don't own War Room so I can't comment on the contents there.

At least the one I looked at last night said that. I will go look at my other BD IFP cards and compare.

The Captain
03-16-2015, 09:56 AM
Mine only says "Khador Unit Attachment" in its subtype line. My physical card differs from what was printed in NQ #40, which has the "Attachment" rule. I don't own War Room so I can't comment on the contents there.

At least the one I looked at last night said that. I will go look at my other BD IFP cards and compare.
This is true. My card only says "Khador Unit Attachment" too, and there's no rule on the back of the card telling them which unit to attach it to. Warroom has the "Iron Fang Pikemen" added to its subtype descriptor.

EdwardQ
03-16-2015, 10:03 AM
All other attachments have the Attachment Rule listed.

Larnu
03-16-2015, 12:25 PM
It's on War Room, so.I assume the card is incorrect and will be erratered at some point.

Michael
03-16-2015, 06:03 PM
I checked, as promised.

I have six physical Black Dragon Officer & Standard cards in my possession. All say "Black Dragon Officer & Standard" for the name, and "Khador Unit Attachment" as their subtype. All cards lack the "Attachment [Iron Fang Pikemen]" rule on the back.

The card in No Quarter #40, both physical and digital versions, is correct.

I cannot access the card in War Room; I do not know if it is correct.

Mastershake
03-16-2015, 06:23 PM
...wait what?

The Black Dragon card lacks the Attachment rule? Doesn't that mean it doesn't actually attach to anything?

I understand the sub-typing, but just calling something an attachment doesn't really mean anything unless you specify what it attaches to. The Iron Fang in the sub-heading doesn't dictate that's what it can attach to, it makes the Black Dragon Unit Attachment Iron Fangs which they wouldn't be otherwise. It feels like this is along the lines of Hyperion not being listed as a Myrmidon, and probably needs to be put in the next errata. Rules as Written right now, the BD UA attaches to nothing. Obviously this incorrect and I'm sure PP will come down with a statement to that effect, but they should probably note it for the next round of Errata.

Wishing
03-17-2015, 07:42 AM
The Black Dragon card lacks the Attachment rule? Doesn't that mean it doesn't actually attach to anything?

Agreed, and I'm sure that now it's been noted, it will be added via errata at some point. It's probably just not considered high priority since it is pretty clear how they're meant to function, and that it's just an oversight that the rule is missing.

Grey Templar
03-17-2015, 07:47 AM
It seems very odd they could have missed this for so long.

DarkLegacy
03-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Black Dragon Officer & Standard can only attach to an Iron Fang Pikemen unit. This is an error on the card and in WarRoom and has been noted.