PDA

View Full Version : Critical Smite

Neian
03-16-2015, 08:22 AM
I could not find this question being answered before but I apologize if it has.

An enemy model attacks and damages Doomshaper triggering Mulg's protective fit. Mulg crits on his attack, causing a Critical Smite. My opponent's model is slammed but only moves about 0.5" before hitting another models base. My opponent claimed that his model would not be knocked down because Mulg nor his model moved the necessary 3". I don't believe this is correct, but at the time it "made sense". Now after reading the rules I believe my opponents model would have been knocked down because it was successfully slammed and the 3" rule is for the slam power attack.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
03-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Nothing says that the slammed model must move at least 3" in order to knocked down. All slammed models are knocked down, regardless its movement distance.

Grey Templar
03-16-2015, 08:30 AM
A slam does not need to move you 3 inches. A Slam power attack needs to have the model performing the slam to move 3", but Crit Smite is not Power Attack: Slam.

He would have been knocked down regardless of how far he moved. And he would have taken an additional dice of damage if he hit a model with equal or larger base.