PDA

View Full Version : Electro Leap and Incorporeal

The Aegis
03-18-2015, 01:38 PM
If an incorporeal model is hit by an electro leap (as a secondary target), does him get damaged if the weapon that generated it isn't magical?

What if the weapon that caused the leap is magical (Es. Tempest Blazers pistols?)?

If I hit an incorporeal model (as primary target) with a non-magical weapon with electro-leap, will the weapon still generate the leap even if the primary model is immune to the primary damage?

SageofLodoss
03-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Edit: See Rynth's post.

Effects which trigger on hit can still trigger when hitting an incorporeal model. The Incorporeal model is just immune to the damage and effects of it, but you could still bounce an electro leap off of them to a less fortunate non-incorporeal model.

Rynth
03-18-2015, 01:54 PM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?188862-A-Rules-Update&p=2459425&viewfull=1#post2459425

Tempest Blazer's electro leap is from a magical weapon, so it will hurt incorporeal models.

SageofLodoss
03-18-2015, 02:03 PM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?188862-A-Rules-Update&p=2459425&viewfull=1#post2459425

Tempest Blazer's electro leap is from a magical weapon, so it will hurt incorporeal models.

Welp, must have missed that.

Did that come down when they re-clarified Thagrosh's Eruption of Ash interaction with Incorporeal?

The Aegis
03-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Thank you.

That topic opened another question for me (I didn't understand it well in that part):

If a model that has not-magical electro-leap weapons (like Stormstrider or a Firefly) gains :Magic-Wpn: from a spell or effect such as Explosivo or Ayana's ability, does its electro leap affect incorporeal models?

Syas
03-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Explosivo removes Electro-Leap, so that is a non-issue.

As for Aiyana, the weapon would be a Magic Weapon for that turn, so Electro-Leap would affect Incorporeal models.

The Aegis
03-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Explosivo removes Electro-Leap, so that is a non-issue.

As for Aiyana, the weapon would be a Magic Weapon for that turn, so Electro-Leap would affect Incorporeal models.

MMh, if I understand it well, Explosivo doesn't remove E-Leap, it just doesn't apply to targets hitted by the blast. The main target would still generate the leap, am I wrong?

Syas
03-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Judge ruling here:

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?17272-Explsoivo-and-Eleap&highlight=explosivo+electroleap

The Aegis
03-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Double post. >.<

The Aegis
03-18-2015, 06:30 PM
I think you are not reading it's reply correctly.

I think he meant that the OTHER models in the AOE doesn't suffer e-leap, but the main target should...

The rules for Explosivo says:

"Models in the AOE other than the model that was directly hit suffer blast damage but do not suffer any other effects of the attack."

It seems quite clear to me. You will not get an E-Leap for every model in the AOE, just one for the model directly hit.
Nowhere it says that "Explosivo removes E-leap" or any other ability for the model directly hit.

Syas
03-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Yup, I stand corrected, sorry for confusion - so in that case it would be magical as the weapon had the Magical Weapon property when Electro-Leap was triggered.