PDA

View Full Version : Enigma Foundry: Return to play and activation of model

Toymachine
04-03-2015, 10:04 PM
I've read in multiple places that a model returned by enigma foundry can be activated the turn it is returned to play, but when I read the rules book it doesn't seem that way. Can someone please clarify?

Caladian
04-03-2015, 10:22 PM
I've read in multiple places that a model returned by enigma foundry can be activated the turn it is returned to play, but when I read the rules book it doesn't seem that way. Can someone please clarify?

What ability allows it to be returned to play? Another enigma foundry can't because it specifies that they bring back grunts (which it is not) and no warcaster can bring it back to play? Would need to know the ability that is returning it to play before it can be answered.

Toymachine
04-03-2015, 10:34 PM
What ability allows it to be returned to play? Another enigma foundry can't because it specifies that they bring back grunts (which it is not) and no warcaster can bring it back to play? Would need to know the ability that is returning it to play before it can be answered.

Apologies, I'm referring to the grunts that are returned, not the foundry itself. Can the grunts activate after being returned?

Caladian
04-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Apologies, I'm referring to the grunts that are returned, not the foundry itself. Can the grunts activate after being returned?

Yes, they can activate normally with their unit because there are no stipulations on what they can/cannot do when they return to play.

solkan
04-04-2015, 01:48 AM

What section of the rulebook leads you to believe that? :confused:

Some special rules can cause a model to return to play after it is removed from the table. Unless otherwise specified, a model that is returned to play can activate that same turn and has all damage removed. ...

Ubergeek80
04-07-2015, 06:13 PM
What section of the rulebook leads you to believe that? :confused:

The tactical tip for the enigma foundry specifically say that the grunt can activate normal in the forces of book.

Sami
04-07-2015, 11:49 PM
The tactical tip for the enigma foundry specifically say that the grunt can activate normal in the forces of book.

I think he means what have you read in the rulebook (I assume you mean the Warmachine Prime MKII book) that would imply that the grunts cannot activate on the turn the Engima Foundries bring them back?

TheUnknownMercenary
04-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Right out of the book under RETURN TO PLAY:

Unless, otherwise specified, a model that is returned to play can activate that same turn and has all damage removed.