PDA

View Full Version : 'In Melee'

Caeldan
05-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Curious, what's the definition of in melee?
Is it just 0.5" away from an enemy model? Or within range of any melee attack of an enemy model?

I'm thinking more of ranged vs reach weapons.

If I have a reach weapon, and I'm 1.5" away... I can hit you with a melee weapon - but if you have a ranged weapon, can you use that back against me? And does the -4 targetting penalty to others count if a model with a reach weapon is more than 0.5" away from its target?

FearLord
05-16-2010, 07:28 AM
You are "in Melee" when you are engaging a model (it is in your melee range) or you are engaged by a model (you are in it's melee range). A model's melee range is the range of its longest melee weapon (so 2" if either model has a reach weapon).

Hjelmen0
05-16-2010, 07:30 AM
The definition of "in melee" is on page 51 of Warmachine Prime Mk2:

When a model is within an enemy model’s melee range and in that model’s line of sight, it is engaged in combat and primarily concerned with fighting its nearest threat. When a model has an enemy model in its melee range and line of sight, it is engaging that model. When a model is either engaged or engaging, it is in melee, which prevents it from making ranged attacks.

Caeldan
05-16-2010, 07:56 AM
The definition of "in melee" is on page 51 of Warmachine Prime Mk2:

Thanks.
That clears it up perfectly - still trying to get my head wrapped around all the rules so they stay up there.