PDA

View Full Version : Gunfighter + Concealment

Crate123
05-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Do you get concealment bonus when being attacked in melee but with a ranged attack from a model with Gunfighter ?

Michael
05-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Gunfighter allows you to make a melee attack with your ranged weapon. Models do not gain the concealment bonus against melee attacks.

malfred
05-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Gunfighter allows you to make a melee attack with your ranged weapon. Models do not gain the concealment bonus against melee attacks.

p.34 "...can make ranged attacks targeting models in its melee range."

I'd say yes, concealment applies.

There are additional rules for Gunfighter on p.63, so other things don't apply.

*No penalty for firing into melee with its target.
*Misses can still hit another target other than the attacker and the original one.
*No aiming bonuses allowed.
*Can charge with the weapon but the attack is not a charge attack.

I don't see anything there about terrain bonuses so I think they still apply.

chrisBatson
05-16-2010, 05:42 PM
It is still a ranged attack.....the penalty still applies.

NmoLvr
05-17-2010, 08:35 AM

Nope, that's Point Blank.

Gunfighter is still a ranged attack, so all ranged attack modifiers still apply

Michael
05-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Nope, that's Point Blank.

Gunfighter is still a ranged attack, so all ranged attack modifiers still apply

Oops. Sorry about that. I always get those two confused. I guess i ought to pick up the book when I post "easy" answers here....

Pseudog
05-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Uh. Sucks to shoot into a Druid of Orboros with a gunfighter while Vortex is on :S

Tamakins
05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
what if the model is B2B with the gunfighter model? The rule says if any portion of it's volume is obscured from the attacker. But if they are B2B, are they obscured by the forest or wherever they are granting concealment?

Dino-Czar
05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Being in b2b would change very little. The curvature of the bases ensures there will be a gap between two models (on either side of the point of contact). If there is concealing terrain within that gap the target would have concealment.

TheUnknownMercenary
05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
This thread is a year old, please re-ask your question in a new thread.