PDA

View Full Version : About charge while engaged (same target or another target while in melee)

Distortioner
05-10-2015, 06:48 AM
i have 2 questions about charge while engaged.

1. Can i charge to another target outside melee while engaged ? (i guess this going to get free strike when move outside.)
2. Can i charge to same target i engaged to and move over 3" to get free boost from charge attack ?

i guess this able to do so but i just need some rule to clarify for my members clear cut this issue.

thanks in advance.

scout's honor
05-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Being engaged doesn't stop you from charging a model you're not engaged with. The rules don't say it stops you, so it doesn't. And yes, you'll risk free strikes. You can also charge a target you're already engaging and if the requirements for a charge are met you'll get the free boost - it's not common for models to be able to do this, but the rules don't prevent it.

Grey Templar
05-10-2015, 08:01 AM
This is totally legal. Models with reach can usually pull off charging the same model they were engaged with previously, especially if it has a large or huge base.

Distortioner
05-10-2015, 04:50 PM
any infernal or rule reference to this situation?

Grey Templar
05-10-2015, 04:51 PM
You can't prove a negative.

The rules do not say that an engaged model cannot charge, therefore they are allowed to charge.

solkan
05-10-2015, 05:12 PM
any infernal or rule reference to this situation?

If you have the Warmachine:Prime book, or any book that has the Cygnar Trencher infantry unit in it, or pretty much any book with a unit with the Assault ability, or even just War Room, have a look at the text for the Assault order.

As part of a charge, after moving but before makings its charge attack, an affected model can make one ranged attack targeting the model charged unless they were in melee with each other at the start of the affected model's activation.

In the book, that's eleven lines of text, forty some words, to address a model that's engaged declaring a charge when subject to that ability, and it's specifically calling out that the Assault Order's bonus doesn't apply if you charge the thing you were engaged with.

Do you need assistance performing a forum search for discussions of the assault order?

Distortioner
05-10-2015, 05:33 PM
i just find some think to show my player directly clear off this
question
(i don't know where they get that condition where engaged model cannot charge maybe the confuse with counter charge special rule or may from MK-I)

i found this forum answer by infernal maybe plenty to confirm

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?12590-Trample-charge-run-while-engaged

Jester5613
05-10-2015, 05:36 PM
As others have stated, the Infernals don't need to rule on something like this. The rules don't say you can't, therefore you can unless specifically stated otherwise. That's one of the best parts of Warmachine is it's super tight rule set.

Distortioner
05-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Thank you very much to every replies.